When planning a web development project, it’s important to start with a thorough needs analysis. The more clearly you understand your needs and goals, the easier it will be to build an effective website that meets those needs. To help you get oriented through this sticky first phase, we’ve compiled the following list of questions:
- Why do you want a website?
- What websites do you like? What do you like about them?
- What makes a good website?
- What will your website do?
- How will your website look?
- What information will your site have?
- What kind of tasks do users need to be able to accomplish?
- How often will your site need modifications? Daily? Monthly?
- What is important for you in this project? – Budget,
timeline, company image, grafic design, functionality, content, marketing,
- How can you expand your business marketing and/or services using the internet?
- Who do you want to see your site?
- How will people know that you have a site? How
will they find your site?
- Do you need web hosting and email?
- Do you want animation?
- Do you need a logo?
New Directions: consulting & coaching
It’s spring and big shifts are happening in SWS. As a business is an extension of yourself, I’ve spent the past year figuring out who I want to be and how I want to serve the world. As a result of this soul-searching, SWS has let go of technical support in order to make space…
A New Job Board for Saltchuk
We are thrilled to have launched a much improved Job Board for Saltchuk that makes their job openings shine. Saltchuk is the logistical giant that operates throughout Alaska and Lower 48 with its set of companies: Foss, TOTE, Northern Aviation Services, Tropical Shipping, and NorthStar Energy. Saltchuk was seeking to provide more value to the…
Sky Airparts Online Store
Sky Airparts International is a family business based in Anchorage and Indianapolis that keeps aviators all over the globe well stocked. They compete in a mighty industry and needed an online presence that reflected their impressive coverage, inventory, and professionalism. Last year Sky Air reached out to SWS fulfill these goals through a site re-design…