Current clients can open a ticket for general inquiries or website technical support using our online form, which creates a ticket in our Zendesk support system and sends you an email confirmation. A member of our support team then respond to your ticket for further questions or to resolve your issue. All communication is through email unless otherwise arranged.
For normal priority tickets, our official response is within 48 business hours (although often much quicker) and work is charged at our normal hourly rate of $100/hr.
If your matter is urgent, and you indicate it on your submission, our urgent alert system will be activated. This informs all support staff of an urgent web issue and we will drop all other work to resolve the problem immediately. Our rate for urgent work is $180/hr.
Need website help now? Open a ticket here.
New to SWS?
If you’re in need of WordPress technical support but you’ve never worked with us before, we provide an onboarding service to get your website up-to-date, backed up and in good health. Onboarding fees start at $250 and depend on the size of your website.
Interested in having us do support? Send us a message here.
How does the Help Desk work?
- Open a ticket by visiting our website and clicking on the Get Help link in the top menu.
- If you need to send us something, you can open a ticket by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will receive an email notification containing information about pricing and turnaround time.
- Our team receives your ticket.
- We assess the situation and determine which member of our team is best suited to handle the issue and we determine how much time and resources it will take to solve the issue.
- For small issues, we resolve them. For larger issues or questions, we consult back with you.
Why is using the Help Desk better than calls or emails?
The Help Desk system is our central point of contact with you for support. We put a lot of time, effort and care into it. Some of its wonderful features are:
- The messages are available for the entire team so we can discuss the issues together.
- We can assign the task to the best-suited member while holding each other accountable.
- We can follow-up with you at every step.
- We have track of our conversation, which is particularly useful when dealing with highly technical information and so reducing the chance of misunderstanding.
- There is always the option to re-visit or re-open a ticket for documentation on your website to recognize patterns and prevent problems in the future.
- Email often do not have the information needed to trigger an urgent status automatically. For quickest turnaround time, using our Help Desk form is the way to go.
It’s a powerful tool!
How much does support cost?
If you are on a Website Care Plan and your issue is covered by the plan, there will be no charge. If you are not sure what your plan covers, you can view the details here.
For all other work, we initially request authorization for 2 hours of labor.
If it’s clear that your issue will require more time, we will always notify you first, explain the issue and request authorization to continue the work. We charge $100/hr for such work billed in 15 minute increments.
If this issue requires same day or immediate, urgent help, high priority and urgent work is billed at $180/hr.
How long will it take to get a response?
We review the ticket desk multiple times a day, but it can take us 1 – 2 business days to process simple requests, and more time for complex issues that need team review.
You can be sure to hear from us within 1 – 2 business days time frame.
If you submit an urgent request using our online form, then our team will instantly alerted and we’ll get back to you as soon as physically possible!
Should I call you if I am having a tech emergency with my website?
Now that you are familiar with the internal workings of our Help Desk system, you may understand why the answer to this question is ‘No!’
When an urgent ticket comes in from our Help Desk form, the entire team gets an alert so any and all of us can drop whatever we are doing and hop in to get you back online ASAP.
I express myself much better on the phone. Can I schedule a phone call?
Of course! Believe us, we are techies, but we do love human contact and know the frustration of dealing with everything electronically. We can certainly schedule a phone call at your earliest convenience.
Great! How about email?
It’s spring and big shifts are happening in SWS. As a business is an extension of yourself, I’ve spent the past year figuring out who I want to be and how I want to serve the world. As a result of this soul-searching, SWS has let go of technical support in order to make space…
We are thrilled to have launched a much improved Job Board for Saltchuk that makes their job openings shine. Saltchuk is the logistical giant that operates throughout Alaska and Lower 48 with its set of companies: Foss, TOTE, Northern Aviation Services, Tropical Shipping, and NorthStar Energy. Saltchuk was seeking to provide more value to the…
Sky Airparts International is a family business based in Anchorage and Indianapolis that keeps aviators all over the globe well stocked. They compete in a mighty industry and needed an online presence that reflected their impressive coverage, inventory, and professionalism. Last year Sky Air reached out to SWS fulfill these goals through a site re-design…