Sound Web Solutions is a boutique web design studio based in Palmer, Alaska, that specializes in building beautiful custom websites, empowering clients to manage their own sites and providing customer service from the heart. We are an established company that would like to add a friendly, experienced web developer to our quirky, talented team. We are looking for someone who can build beautiful, intuitive WordPress websites that transform our clients' businesses.
The qualified candidate:
- Has at least 2 years of experience working with WordPress
- Can build WordPress themes, manage hosting configurations, work with complex domain configurations, etc
- Can setup WordPress, modify WordPress theme code, install, configure and troubleshoot themes and plugins, purchase web products and manage renewals (hosting, themes, plugins, tools), update website content
- Understands responsive design, usability, and mobile specific content
- Is comfortable with editing and working with css, php and phpMyAdmin
- Is a problem solver, extremely detail oriented and tech minded
- Is friendly and enjoys talking to clients about support issues on the phone
- Loves learning how to do new things on their own
- Interested in growing with the company in a long term relationship
- Will write the words "the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe and everything is 42" in your job application
More about the job
- Part time 15-20hrs/week (5 days/week).
- Schedule is approx 10am-3pm, with an hour for lunch. Must be available for occasional urgent work.
- Work is remote. If you live locally, then we'll meet face-to-face several times per month.
- Preference given to Alaskans. Must live in the US to apply.
- Development: Setup dev sites on our server, configure themes, add content
- Oversee the Help Desk (answer phone, fulfill support requests, make sure all support agents follow protocol)
- Tier 1 support
More about working for us
- We are actively growing and strive to build a collaborate team of capable, inspired people
- We are a fun group of people with a sense of humor that take the quality of our work very seriously
- We love our employees to have a life beyond work and will do our best to accommodate your adventure plans
Fill out our online job application. You can submit your cover letter and resume via the same application.
We will only respond to applicants who meet our requirements and have filled out our job application correctly. No phone calls.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Posted April 30, 2018